Almost every week we received a message asked what is IoT Platform. Maybe you confused IoT platform and MQTT. Hope this article will help you to understand about IoT platform.
Before you want to understand IoT platform, you must know IoT components for IoT ecosystem.
Here is the list of IoT components:
- Hardware – sensors or devices. These sensors and devices collect data from the environment (e.g. a moisture sensor) or perform actions in the environment
- Connectivity – The hardware Drostanolone Enanthate needs a way to transmit all that data to the cloud (e.g. sending moisture data) or needs a way to receive commands from the cloud (e.g. water the crops now). For some IoT systems, there can be an intermediate step between hardware and connecting to the cloud, such as a gateway or router.
- Software – It will be hosted in the cloud (what’s the cloud?) and is responsible for analyzing the data it’s collecting from the sensors and making decisions (e.g. knowing from moisture data that it just rained and then telling the irrigation system not to turn on today).
- User Interface – To make all of this useful, there needs to be a way for users to interact with the IoT system. Maybe it WEB APPS or APPS(Android or IoS).
IoT platforms are the support software that connects everything in an IoT system. An IoT platform facilitates communication, data flow, device management, and the functionality of applications.
IoT platforms help:
- Connect hardware
- Handle different communication protocols
- Provide security and authentication for devices and users
- Collect, visualize, and analyze data
- Integrate with other web services